Monday, June 2, 2014

1. Summer
2. Watercolor and Sharp                
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of summer. The                                                         fullness of her skirt and smile displays the carefree attitudes that are                                                             generally felt during this warmer season. Its bright colors, and the subtle                                                       rays behind the subject of the piece reflex sunny days.
4. This piece took about an hour. It took the most amount of time to                                                             correctly execute the proportions of the arms and legs. A lot of time                                                             was also spent on creating a simple yet expressive face.
5. I think I was fairly successful with this piece, I was proud of the                                                               vibrant tones of her skirt and the motion I was able to capture. I think I                                                         could have taken more time with the background, perhaps adding more                                                       detail. It fit my theme of anthropomorphism fairly well.
6. I am most pleased with the shape and color of the skirt and the                                                                 proportions of her arms and legs, I would have liked to challenge myself                                                       more by perhaps creating a larger more detail version.
7. I believe that I grew as an artist, this was the first piece in which I felt                                                    
I successfully executed using watercolor in a new and interesting way.
8. A, I believe I deserve this grade because of the three seasons I                                                                 completed, this one best fit my vision, the brightness of the colors and                                                           the simplistic silhouette were both goals I think I achieved.

1. Winter
2. Watercolor and Sharpie
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of winter. The                                                                     reserved, yet joyful expression of the women reflects the calm coolness                                                         that I see within the season. It's light, simplistic colors hint to the light                                                             rain and snow we experience within winter.
4. This piece took about an hour. I spent a lot of my time trying to                                                                 create a distinctly different pose and overall feeling to the piece, I                                                                   wanted it to reflect winter in a way that was different from spring and                                                             summer.
5. I think on its own this piece was fairly successful, however out of the                                                       three seasons I completed I am probably the least confident in the                                                             colors and silhouette within this piece.
6. I am most pleased with my ability to create a different tone for this                                                           winter piece, I liked how I was able to make the colors of the skirt                                                               slowly fade. I would have liked to spend more time on it in general, I                                                           believe I could have created a better quality piece of work.
7. I grew as an artist because I had to create a miniseries within my                                                               series, these sisters had to appear similar enough to look related but                                                             unique enough to reflect the different seasons. I was challenged to                                                                 create a cohesive trio.
8. B, I believe I deserve this grade because I am pleased with the                                                                 outcome but I could have taken more time to create a more detailed,                                                           unique art piece.


1. Spring
2. Watercolor and Sharpie
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of spring. The piece                                                            was meant to reflect the simplistic bliss that comes with spring, the joyful                                                       smile on the women's face symbolizes the new life that comes with                                                               spring. The pale pink hues within the painting display a distinct                                                                     innocence.
4. This piece took about an hour. I spent most of that time blending the                                                          colors of the skirt, and perfecting the proportions specifically of the                                                               hands and feet.
5. I believe this piece was fairly success, the expression on her face and
her body position were subtly different from the other two, enough so                                                          that it is unique and interesting.
6. I am most pleased about her legs, they are proportioned and delicate,                                                        I was excited to be able to create a natural looking foot and knee. I                                                              would have liked to spend more time on the background, perhaps                                                                 blending more or creating more dimensions.
7. I grew as an artist because again I had to create a piece that could                                                             stand on its own but was also complimented and cohesive by the two                                                           other pieces.
8. B, I was more confident in this piece than the winter painting, but I                                                             think I could have taken more time to match the quality of the summer                                                           painting, I felt like I was rushing the process slightly.



1. Father Time
2. Pencil
3. This piece acts a my personal personification of father time. The wrinkles                                                   and stoic expression show the very real effect that time can have. His long,                                                   grown out beard and the cracks in the background symbolism further age                                                     and decay.
4. This piece surprisingly only took me about an hour and a half, I had a                                                      reference picture, most of my time was spent changing specific details,                                                         such as the hair, wrinkles and background to make it my own.
5. This was one of my most successful pieces, I was able to create realistic                                                   depth and expression which in the past has been a struggle for me.
6. I was most pleased by the details found within the eyes, hair and beard, I                                                   believe I created a fairly realistic old man, who reflected the process of                                                         time. I would have liked to work harder and longer of perfecting                                                                 proportions.
7. This piece probably stretched me the most as an artist, I was surprised                                                      by my ability to shade and recreate vital details. Drawing has always                                                             been my favorite form of art, and it has always come the easiest to me.
8. A, I think I deserve this grade because of personally how confident I feel                                                   in it, I am proud of this piece and I think I did a decent job.

1. Rain
2. Watercolor and Sharpie
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of rain. The mysterious,                                                     almost unsettling scene painted creates a very interesting feeling, similar to the                                               eeriness that I associate with the presence of rain.
4. This piece took me about an hour. The simplicity of the piece made it easy                                               to complete, it is very 2-dimensional and that allowed for a fast construction of                                             the piece.
5. I don't think I was terribly successful with this piece, I would have liked to                                               spend more time increasing the overall quality, I think I choose a lot of simple                                                techniques, I missed an opportunity to challenge myself.
6. I am the most pleased with the texture I was able to create for the ground, it                                             reminds my of water-colored environments I used to see in children's books as                                              a kid. I think I could have created a more detailed piece overall.
7. I grew as an artist with this piece because I realized the importance of                                                      quality work and trying my hardest, though I liked this piece I knew I could                                                 have taken more time to create my vision of rain.
8. C, I deserve this grade because I believe my work was average, I didn't                                                    challenge myself when I had the opportunity too.

1. Mother Nature
2. Acrylic Paint
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of mother nature. The green tones used reflect the earthy tones so often found within nature. Her long flowing hair represents the raw naturalness that is found within the natural world.
4. This piece took me about 2 hours to complete. Creating a detailed background with texture was probably the most challenging part of the entire painting process, it took the most time.
5. I think I was fairly successful with the construction of her face, I had no reference picture so it was interesting to see how I would create her features.
6. I am most pleased with the overall background, I would have liked to create more detail and dimension in her face, and blend her cheekbones more.
7. I grew as an artist due to the fact that this was one of my first painted portraits, I believe I challenged myself in that respect.
8. B, although I am proud of this piece, I could have taken more time to blend her face and create more realistic dimensions and textures.

1. Stars
2. Acrylic Paint
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of stars. It shows two lovers reaching for one another, their illuminating silhouettes resembling that of stars. They are suspended within the heavens.
4. This piece took me about an hour and half to complete, it was one of my earlier pieces and I wanted to make sure that the blending of their silhouettes was as well done as possible, that is what I focused most of my time on.
5. I believe I was successful with the construction of this piece, I am satisfied with the outcome, but I would have liked to take more time with the blending and stars in the background.
6. I am most pleased with the male silhouette, I believe the blending turned out fairly good. I would have liked to have the female silhouette to have the same quality.
7. This piece stretched me as an artist because I was able to practice and better improve my blending skills with acrylic paints. I tried something new with something I have practiced a lot and that challenged me.
8. A, I am proud of this painting and I believe it is a quality piece artwork that is unique and interesting but is also planted in simplicity.

1. Sun
2. Acrylic Pain
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of the sun. The bright oranges and yellows used to construct his face reflect the tones of a setting sun. The stoic expression on his face and naturalness of his hair and other features resemble the consistent presence of the sun.
4. This piece took me about 2 hours to complete. The construction of the man's face was actually easier than the rest of piece, despite the background's simplicity. The background took up the most of my time in completing this piece.
5. I believe I was successful in the personification of the sun, although it was not completely how I envisioned his face and demeanor, I was pleasantly surprised by how it ended turning out.
6. I am the most satisfied with the blending of the sunset, it the past I have struggled with blending colors, but I believe I was to successfully create a realistic and pleasant sky.
7. I grew as an artist by creating a realistic, proportioned profile, I had a reference picture for the basic shape of the nose. mouth and chin and I believe I was able to execute a face that was interesting and unique.
8. B, although the mountain range and the sunset were good, the profile of the personification of the sun is incomplete, I believe more blending was required to create a cohesive face.
       
 
1. Moon
2. Acrylic Paint
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of the moon. The fragmented face, shadows, and the use of greys, blacks and whites helps to create a moon-like man. The somber expression of the face reflects the seriousness and simplicity that I see when I think and look at the moon.
4. This piece took me 2 hours to complete, I spent most of my time creating distinct lines between the dark background and the grey features of the face. I also had to make sure the proportions were right and that parts like his eyes and mouth looked natural, that also took up a lot of my time.
5. I believe I was able to successfully capture the personification of the moon, by creating subtle craters on his face, the symbolizes could be more clearly seen.
6. I am the most satisfied with the overall painting, this is one of my favorites that I did over the course of the semester. I would however had like to go over certain areas of the face and fill in gaps and add more detail.
7. I grew as an artist because this is something that I had never done before, I had never drew anything, let along a person half way in the shadows. I believe this challenged me to try something new, and I think I benefited from doing so.
8. A, I believe this is a quality piece of work, and that I tried hard and succeeded in creating the moon as a man.
 
1. Wind
2. Watercolor and Sharpie
3. This piece acts as my personal personification of wind. A wild and free spirit sits surrounded by the pale colors of the winds. The mystery within the piece reflects the allusive nature of wind and the wildness that it contains.
4. This piece took me about an hour to complete, it was fairly straight forward and didn't take me too much time to work on. It probably took the most time to create the texture of the hair, I wanted it to be natural and flowing.
5. I believe I was successful in the execution of this piece, although it wasn't what I was expecting my painting of wind to turn out as, I was still pleasantly surprised by the unconventionality of it.
6. I am most pleased by the stance I decided to go with for the girl, I think that it displays a sort of adventurous, wanting demeanor which I like. I would have liked to create a landscape background but I was intimidated by the sheer scale of detail I would have to use.
7. I grew as an artist because I challenged myself by using watercolor as the primary medium within the painting. I had to create depth with something I hadn't before, and I think through that process I was able to stretch my artistic scale.
8. B, I worked hard to create a distinct feeling for my piece and I believe I was able to establish and accomplish that. It isn't perfect, but it is definitely something I was pleasantly surprised with.

No comments:

Post a Comment